Come In & Try One for Yourself Today!
Burn Up to 1000 Calories/Hour &
Work Up to 84% of Your Muscle Mass
While Rowing In The Comfort of
Your Own Home!
Why Rowing Is The Perfect Exercise(click each tab below)
[ez_tabs tab1=”Work 84% of Muscle Mass” tab2=”Max Gain, Min Time” tab3=”Joint Friendly” tab4=”Good for Posture” tab5=”Relaxing the Mind“]
More than any other exercise, rowing recruits all major muscle groups.
The rowing stroke uses a vast combination of muscles. From the tips of the fingers holding the handle/oars, to the balls of the feet connected to the footboard/boat, all the muscles between these two points contribute to the rowing stroke. By maximizing the muscle mass contributing to the exercise in this way, the WaterRower is unrivalled in benefit derived per unit of time. Other common aerobic exercise equipment such as treadmills, cycles, ellipticals, even other rowing machines, use far less muscle mass, burn fewer calories, and generate less exercise benefit.
Rowing can burn in excess of 1000 calories per hour. Importantly rowing does so with a far lower perceived level of exertion than other aerobic exercises.
- Many exercise machines claim to be King when it comes to calorie consumption rates.
- The truth about calorie consumption, however, is that it relates to YOUR ability to produce the work, not the machines. To burn 800 calories per hour, for example, on a treadmill, bike, elliptical, etc requires a very high (almost unsustainable) intensity of exercise
- By spreading work over a wide range of muscles, rowing consumes calories in more muscles, allowing a high calorie consumption within the users limits of fatigue. Other exercises, recruiting fewer muscles, require far higher intensities or exercise to achieve the same calorie consumptions as rowing.
Rowing moves the joints through a full range of motion and does so with minimal impact and no body weight on the joints. Making it one of the best exercises for joint pain sufferers.
- Rowing moves the joints through a full range of motion, from legs totally extended to totally contracted and arms totally contracted to totally extended. Moving the joints through a full range of motion aids joint lubrication, joint mobility and overall Joint Health.
- Rowing is a smooth, flowing action involving little to no impact on the joints. Note- Many mechanical rowers are jerky and jarring on the joints, and fail to emulate the smoothness of rowing and the WaterRower.
- Rowing is a seated exercise removing the weight of the body from the injury-prone joints of the ankle, hip and knees. The load placed on the joints is controlled by the users effort when rowing, not their body weight.
- Rowing is suitable for all, young or old, male or female, big or small, fit or unfit .
Exercise physiologists unanimously agree; what we need to do more of is leg extension, hip hinge and open shoulders type exercise.
- To counter today’s closed posture exaggerated by the amount of time people spend seated, exercise physiologists agree the we need to do more of three actions;
- Leg Press – extend the legs
- Hip Hinge – rock the pelvis back to emphasize strong posture
- Open the Shoulders – Draw elbows behind back
Harmony evolves from a natural balance of elements.
- The WaterRower blends the tranquility of moving water, the warmth of wood, and the rhythm of motion.
- These qualities combine to provide a naturally pleasurable activity. Invigorating the body while relaxing the mind.
- Composed to capture the aesthetics of rowing, the WaterRower is enjoyable to use.
- The calming tones and smooth action encourages the user from stroke to stroke.
- The symphony of these elements engage the user with a satisfaction which should be experienced.
- Series 4 performance monitor tracks workout intensity, stroke rate, heart rate, and more
- Handcrafted rowing machine with “water flywheel” that replicates actual rowing feel
- Flywheel sits in enclosed water tank to provide smooth, quiet, self-regulated resistance
- Made in the USA
- Solid ash and stained honey oak construction absorbs sound and vibration
- Stores upright; measures 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D)
727 Maine Ave. Farmingdale | 20 Main St. Oakland